Your Student Visa

Students that hail from outside the EU will need to apply for a Tier 4 Visa to study in the UK. While this seems like a confusing mountain of paperwork, Global Study UK’s counsellors are on hand to help you at every stage and can offer advice and support to ensure your application is dealt with smoothly and efficiently.

The earliest you can apply for a visa is three months before the start of your course, but we advise having everything ready and sending in the application at the earliest possible opportunity. This gives you a chance to deal with any complications. You will not be allowed to enrol at your chosen University or College without a valid visa.

For your application you will need the following:

  • Confirmation of Acceptance from your University or College.
  • Original certificates of qualifications listed on your Confirmation of Acceptance.
  • Proof that you can support yourself and pay any relevant tuition fees. For a course in London you must prove you have £11,385 available, outside London you must show there is £9,135 available to you.


The UK Border Authority may request an interview to confirm you speak sufficient English to pursue your chosen course, over video link or on the phone. This is a standard procedure and should not be cause for alarm.

For more information on the visa application process, please visit:

Documents you must provide to the UK High Comission when you apply for the Tier 4 Student Visa
-a current passport or other valid travel documentation
-proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
-proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
-your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
-You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.
-You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
-Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days.

-It costs £328 to apply for this visa from outside the UK.
-You must pay £328 per person for any dependants.
-You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how